Did you know you can cook eggs on the grill?! Well you can, and they’re not only delicious but an easy way to serve a healthy meal to your family and friends.
Today, we’re welcoming Melissa Metcalf-LeRoy who is going to show you how to make a scrambled egg omelet on the grill.
This grilled breakfast scramble is as good as any pan-fried omelet, and you can enjoy this dish at the campsite or from home.
So let the bird song serenade your meal prep and enjoy this dish al fresco.
Grilled Egg Omelet Recipe
We’re making healthy breakfast omelets using ghee which is non-dairy butter, but if you don’t have any, you can sub in real butter.
To fluff up the eggs and amp up the protein in this meal, we’re also adding plain Greek yogurt. If you don’t have any, you might try sour cream or skip it altogether.
This recipe is great for a family because you’re cooking each omelet individually and letting each person choose their favorite add-ins to make the perfect scramble.
If you have leftovers from dinner the night before, consider chopping them up as add-ins or just choose your favorite omelet ingredients.
You’re going to need a few supplies in addition to your grill and ingredients, so make sure you have some grill safe baking dishes (like these) and high temp gloves (like these) for handling the hot pans.
Grilled Omelet Ingredients
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Ghee (clarified butter), melted
Ideas For Add-ins
- Cooked bacon, ham, or chicken
- Green onions, sliced
- Diced sweet peppers or jalapenos
- Assorted cheese, sliced or shredded
- Chopped spinach or kale
- Leftover bread cubes
- Diced tomatoes
- Anything else you like
- Ceramic baking dishes
- High-temperature gloves for handing the hot baking dishes
- Tall glass and fork to mix things up
Simple Grilled Omelet Cooking Instructions
- Preheat your grill to medium/high heat.
- Add about 1 TBSP melted ghee to the ceramic baking dish. You can do this by either placing the baking dish on the grill or pre-melting the ghee in a microwave on 50% power. Swirl ghee around the bottom and sides to ensure your omelet does not stick.
- Add 1 egg and 1 tsp. Greek yogurt to glass. Scramble the egg and yogurt together with a fork.
- Then get creative with add-ins (adding them to the glass with your egg and yogurt mixture) to create your grilled egg omelet.
- Pour the glass contents into the ceramic baking dish and grill over medium/high heat until the egg is set (about 15 min).